That Boutique-y Whisky Co creates Australia Series
Independent bottler That Boutique-y Whisky Company (TBWC) has unveiled its first range of Australian bottlings.
The Australia Series follows the brand’s World Series and World Rye Series, and will launch on 23 April through Atom Brands and Maverick Drinks, and online via Master of Malt, The Whisky Exchange, Hard to Find Whisky and other retailers.
The range will feature whiskies from distilleries including Belgrove, Starward, Black Gate and Killara.
Sam Simmons, head of whisky at Atom Brands, TBWC owner, said: “We are so proud and feel so lucky that Boutique-y has the respect of peers and pioneers across the whisky world, that we’ve fostered relationships with the flavour makers behind each malt and rye whisky in this Australia series to be able to put together a range like this.
“Take note of these distillery names, it may be the first time you’ve heard some of them, but it will not be the last.
“While I think it’s fair to say that most of the world is just waking up to the fact that Australian whisky is on the map at all, I would dare to say that these whiskies, and the future of whiskies from down under, may turn the world upside down, Literally flipping the hegemonic order on its head, with Australia at the top of the pile in the 21st century.”
The complete TBWC Australia Series line-up includes:
- Black Gate 3 Years Old Single Malt (RRP £109.95/ US$153)
- Belgrove 4 Years Old Rye (RRP £139.95/ US$195)
- Tin Shed 3 Years Old Single Malt (RRP £99.95/ US$139)
- Fleurieu 3 Years Old Single Malt (RRP £99.95/ US$139)
- Killara 2 Years Old Single Malt (RRP £169.95/ US$236)
- Riverbourne 3 Years Old Single Malt (RRP £99.95/ US$139)
- Starward 3 Years Old Single Malt (RRP £69.95/ US$97)
- Bakery Hill 5 Years Old Single Malt (RRP £138.95/ US$193)
Furthermore, TBWC’s sister company, That Boutique-y Rum Company, will release two Australian rums to complement the range, one from Black Gate Distillery and a second from Riverbourne Distillery.
Black Gate 3 Years Old will retail for RRP £65.95 (US$92) and Riverbourne 3 Years Old will be priced at RRP £68.95 (US$96).