GlenAllachie unveils market-exclusive single cask range
Speyside distillery The GlenAllachie has released a series of single cask whiskies tailored for different markets and retailers.
The Single Cask Editions range features eight whiskies specially chosen for the UK market, which range from 10 to 29 years old. Other markets will include destinations in Europe, Asia and the US.
The eight whiskies destined for the UK have been bottled at cask strength and without chill-filtration. They include:
- 1989 cask #100073, Sherry butt, 60.1% abv, RRP £300 (US$384)
- 1989 cask #101040, hogshead, 54.7% abv, RRP £275 (US$352)
- 1990 cask #620, Bourbon barrel, 60.7% abv, RRP £275 (US$352)
- 2005 cask #16095, Bourbon barrel, 59.4% abv, RRP £85 (US$109)
- 2006 cask #27979, Bourbon barrel, 62.4% abv, RRP £79 (US$101)
- 2006 cask #896, virgin oak barrel, 61.7% abv, RRP £75 (US$96)
- 2007 cask #1856, Port pipe, 60% abv, RRP £75 (US$96)
- 2008 cask #24829, Bourbon barrel, 60.1% abv, RRP £71 (US$91)
Walker said: “The distillery produces a rich full-bodied spirit, which works well across a variety of different casks and age – this is what I wanted to show with the batch of casks I’ve chosen for the UK and our export partners.
“With over 50,000 casks of GlenAllachie now in stock maturing across a vast range of casks there is so much more to come.”
The Single Cask Editions range is available to purchase from specialist retailers.
The GlenAllachie launched its first core range of single malt whiskies in July this year, featuring four expressions that have been matured or 10, 12, 18 and 25 years.
Earlier this month, Walker “revived” the MacNair’s brand with the launch of a new line of peated blended malts.