Urine cocktail guide offers 25 alcohol-free recipesBy Melita Kiely
Dry January may be over but those keen to stick to the no booze rule should take a wee peek at a new cocktail recipe guide that swaps alcohol for urine.
Forget health crazes such as green tea, coconut oil and soya milk, according to Plumbworld – creator of the 25 alcohol-free urine cocktail recipe guide – 2016 is going to be “all about urine”.
A recent survey revealed that 3.8% of the UK population drink urine regularly in order to “benefit their health”, also referred to as urophagia or urine therapy.
Recipes in The Complete Urine Drinkers Cocktail Guide include the Marga”pee”ta, made using fresh urine, lime juice and simple syrup, the Pee and Tonic, quite simply made from fresh urine and tonic water, and the Bloody Urine, made by mixing together fresh urine, tomato juice, lemon juice, dashes of Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
Plumbworld promises consumers can follow these recipes at home “without worrying about the taste”.
The guide has also dedicated a recipe to Bear Grylls – titled the “Pee”na Gryllada and made using coconut juice, pineapple juice, fresh urine and fresh pineapple – after the adventurer consumed his own urine on TV.
Urine consumption has been used for thousands of years in India and China to treat a myriad of medical conditions, such as asthma and constipation, and several famous people have also publicly admitted drinking urine, including Mexican boxer Juan Manuel Marquez, British actress Sarah Miles, author J.D. Salinger and former prime minister Morarji Desai.
However, some health professionals have advised against the practice, arguing that while urine is 95% water the other 5% comprises excess minerals like sodium, potassium and chloride that have been expelled from the body as it has received more than it needs.
The Complete Urine Drinkers Cocktail Guide is available to download for free from www.plumbworld.co.uk.
Click the video below to watch a demonstration on how to create the “perfect pee cocktail”.
[youtube width=”612″ height=”350″]https://youtu.be/B4gy1d9xwjc[/youtube]