Close Menu

Kingsbarns expands UK presence

Fife-based Kingsbarns Distillery has secured UK-wide listings with Harvey Nichols for its Dream to Dram gift packs and Balcomie whisky.

Kingsbarns’ Dream to Dram gift packs retails for £52 (US$63.69)

Kingsbarns’ Dream to Dram Gift Packs and Balcomie whisky will be available in seven of the luxury department store outposts in the UK.

Ben Stewart, director of UK and European sales for Wemyss Family Spirits, said: “We are huge fans of Harvey Nichols and are delighted to be partnering with them for the first time to showcase our Kingsbarns Single Malt Whisky to their shoppers.

“Our super-premium whisky is the perfect fit for the store, which is known for showcasing desirable, cutting-edge brands.

“We are looking forward to presenting our award-winning Dream to Dram and Balcomie to a new audience on the shelves in Harvey Nichols’ luxury food markets in time for Christmas.”

Dream to Dram is the distillery’s flagship whisky, and the gift packs will retail for RRP £52 (US$63.69).

The liquid presents banana, pineapple syrup and summer berries on the nose with soft toffee and custard pastry on the palate.

Resting at 46% ABV, 90% of the whisky was matured in ex-Bourbon barrels, while the remaining 10% was aged in shaved, toasted and re-charred wine barriques.

Meanwhile, the Balcomie whisky retails for RRP £50 (US$61.25), and features scents of treacle, sultanas, fruit loaf with cinnamon icing, and summer berries on the nose.

The palate delivers notes of sweet, tinned pineapple, orange peel, cake spice, dried apricot and a hint of roasted hazelnut.

Balcomie was matured in 100% ex-oloroso American oak Sherry butts, and also clocks in at 46% ABV.

Nick Larsson-Bell, senior spirits and beer buyer at Harvey Nichols, said: “I’ve always been an advocate for new whiskies, and the second I tried Kingsbarns, I knew I would take it on. The whiskies are spectacular, and I can’t wait for myself and Harvey Nichols to be a part of their journey.”

The producer recently introduced a ‘pay what you like’ scheme at its distillery and visitor centre to make the experience “accessible to everyone”.

It looks like you're in Asia, would you like to be redirected to the Drinks Business Asia edition?

Yes, take me to the Asia edition No