Vinexpo to launch new spirits event in ParisBy Amy Hopkins
Leading trade show Vinexpo will shine a light on spirits with a brand new concept at its inaugural Paris event on 13-15 January 2020.
Dedicated to the rich world of distilled beverages, Be Spirits is described as a “show within a show” that will provide a “360-degree vision” of the international bar scene. It will showcase brands of all sizes and styles, offering a one-stop-shop for influential buyers, bartenders, journalists and key opinion leaders to immerse themselves in the latest products and trends shaping the industry.
Christophe Navarre, chairman of Vinexpo, says Be Spirits is indicative of the show’s increasing focus on spirits. “The global spirits market is growing, hence a specific demand from spirits brands,” he says. “More specifically the latest Vinexpo/IWSR Report shows that the premium-plus segments of almost all major categories are expected to grow in the coming years. This will add an extra 56 million nine-litre cases to the premium-plus spirits market from 2017 to 2022.
“Besides, the spirits industry is a very innovative sector on all levels, and we want to stay close to the industry. Our strategy for Vinexpo is to create additional events and animations within the exhibition, and this new Be Spirits event at Vinexpo Paris will give us the opportunity to develop fully the specific codes of the world of spirits.”
Be Spirits will be hosted in a dedicated area divided into three sections: Brand Experience, Spirit P.O.D, and Education.
Brand Experience is described as the “ultimate bar area” where exhibitors will be able to bring their own bartenders to showcase their products to guests in a natural environment. Spirit P.O.D will be an exhibition area designed to facilitate business appointments, while Education will be a learning and networking zone where brands can host tastings, masterclasses and launch events.
Be Spirits will host three main conferences every day related to issues impacting the international bar trade, such as the art of blending and how to revive the popularity of a category.
Guests can also experience the Infinite Bar, which, at 65-metres-long, is the longest bar in the world. Exhibitors will be able to occupy two-metres of the bar and show guests how their products can be used in mixed drinks. Each brand will be associated with a Parisian mixologist behind the bar, who will highlight the product’s uses during the evening.
The Lab feature, meanwhile, will allow start-up brands to present their innovations. Navarre explains: “The Lab will provide solutions with cutting-edge technology within one place. For example, a technology to create special ice cubes, or a cocktail machine able to create specific cocktails in an instant.”
Those interested in exhibiting their products at Be Spirits can do so in a number of ways: by building their own stand; occupying a ‘spirit pod’, which is ready-made; or via the Infinite Bar.
Be Spirits will aim to become “a key event for all stakeholders from the spirits and bar sectors”, and it may extend its reach beyond Paris. According to Navarre, the concept has potential to be adapted for Vinexpo’s other international exhibitions. The inaugural event will host around 30% of Vinexpo Paris’s exhibitors, with the remaining 70% hailing from the wine world.
“In just three days, the participating spirits stakeholders will meet all the key players from the bartending world, not mentioning being exposed to a significant media attention,” concludes Navarre. “It will be good value for money.”
Vinexpo Paris will take place at the Paris Convention Centre on 13-15 January 2020. For more information, visit www.vinexpoparis.com.