KFC offers recipes for gravy-based cocktailsBy Amy Hopkins
Fast-food chain KFC has created three new gravy-based alcoholic cocktail recipes, which it is encouraging consumers to make at home.
The range is said to capitalise on the “growing trend” for ‘stocktails’ – stock-based cocktails.
Three cocktail recipes have been formulated with KFC’s gravy and include: The Gravy Mary, made with vodka, The Finger Lickin’ Sour, containing mezcal, and The Southern Twist, which is Bourbon-based.
“Our fans repeatedly express their love for our gravy, which always sparks ideas within the team,” said Marion Racine, marketing manager at KFC UK and Ireland. “We know our gravy is good enough to drink – so with stocktails being a real hit at the moment, what better ingredient to take them to the next level?”
See the full list of ingredients for KFC’s gravy cocktails below.
The Gravy Mary
- 50ml Vodka
- 20ml KFC gravy
- Spice mix: 20ml Worcester sauce, three drops Tabasco, three grinds white pepper, pinch of celery salt, pinch of paprika, half teaspoon horseradish cream
- 15ml Fresh lemon juice
- 90ml Tomato juice
- To garnish: celery, Popcorn Chicken
- To create the spice mix pour Tabasco sauce, Worcester sauce, white pepper, celery salt, paprika and horseradish cream into a tall glass. Cover firmly and shake.
- Add vodka to the spice mix and pour in the lemon juice, tomato juice and mix again.
- Add in KFC gravy into the mix, stir all of the ingredients together and pour into a fresh highball glass.
- Finish with celery and a small skewer of popcorn chicken.
The Finger Lickin’ Sour
- 100ml KFC Gravy
- 400ml Mezcal
- 15ml Cherry liqueur
- 25ml Fresh lemon juice
- 10ml Orange marmalade
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- One egg white
- To garnish: thyme sprig
- Pour the mezcal and the KFC gravy into a tall glass. Cover firmly and shake.
- Place the glass into the freezer and freeze for three hours.
- Once frozen, pour the gravy-infused mezcal through a strainer and clean cloth into a fresh glass.
- Squeeze the lemon into the glass, add the marmalade, salt, pepper and egg white then shake again.
- Pour the cocktail mixture into a Martini glass and sprinkle with thyme to finish
The Southern Twist
- 50ml Kentucky Bourbon
- 60ml Fresh hot KFC gravy
- Two grinds black pepper
- Two teaspoons granulated brown sugar
- Four teaspoons dried parsley
- To garnish: parsley and brown sugar rim
- Chop the parsley and mix with the brown sugar in a bowl.
- Cut the lemon and coat the rim of the glass with it.
- Dip the rim of the glass into the chopped parsley and brown sugar mixture/
- Add ice cubes and Kentucky Bourbon to your rocks glass.
- Finally pour KFC gravy into the glass then give it a mix.