Heaven Hill launches ‘feminine’ flavoured whiskey

13th April, 2015 by Annie Hayes

Heaven Hill has launched Raven’s Lace Peachberry Whiskey – a new brand of flavoured whiskey aimed at female customers as an alternative to “macho” variants in the category.

PeachBerry

PeachBerry is packaged with an “intricate feminine lace” label design to appeal to a female demographic

Bottled at 35% abv, the new offering infuses “juicy peach and sweet strawberry flavours” with the Bourbon whiskey.

PeachBerry is packaged with an “intricate feminine lace” label design, which is intended to appeal to a female demographic – who now make up 40% of the flavoured whiskey category consumers according to the brand.

“We see tremendous opportunity for consumer diversification in flavoured whiskey,” said Hannah Venhoff, brand manager for Raven’s Lace PeachBerry Whiskey.

“Many of the flavoured whiskeys on the market take a macho and assertive approach.

“Raven’s Lace features a trend-setting flavour profile targeting females looking for a sweet flavoured whiskey with a bold colour and package that is made for them.”

Available in the US from June onwards, the new flavour will be advertised using retail and on-premise point-of-sale, backed with a digital media campaign aimed at “young females that enjoy bold whiskey with a sweeter side”.

Raven’s Lace PeachBerry Whiskey will be available in 50ml and 750ml sizes from US$14.99.

The initial launch markets include Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Nebraska, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, South Carolina and Tennessee.

15 Responses to “Heaven Hill launches ‘feminine’ flavoured whiskey”

1. Pete Baker says:

all the whiskey drinking women I know are OFFENDED by both the 35% ABV and the Fru Fru flavorings. Once again you’ve under estimated the whiskey drinking woman.

2. Mark S. says:

Is this some kind of joke from the 1950s that isn’t funny? Seriously in what world is this not insulting to women? Gee they can’t handle those big macho manly flavors.

Reality check, it’s 2015. Join us in the modern age.

3. Shannan says:

I am speechless at the condescension embedded in this product. I can’t even…

4. Kelley says:

My friends and I will stick to Maker’s Mark, Woodford Reserve, Buffalo Trace, Jefferson Reserve, Blanton’s, Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr, etc, thank you very much. Cheers to Pete B. & Mark S.

5. Teri M says:

You marketers are just dumb as hell.
    Why do you think we drink whiskey in the first place?
    We like being “one of the guys” and we don’t want your froofroo bullshit labels.
    Sure you can add peach and make novelty liquors, but seriously, you can take your lace and shove it.
    Also, the title of this piece is misleading…I thought “feminine flavors” meant something sexual, like musky and tangy.
    Now THAT hasn’t been done before. LOL

6. Aoife says:

They must really think all women are alcopop drinking morons

7. Michelle Hines Abram says:

That is just insulting. Their marketing department in it’s entirety should be fired because clearly they have no idea who the whiskey drinking woman is, how she thinks and what kind of marketing message would resonate with her. Not to mention that the condescending sexism is appalling.

8. Beth says:

This is a complete slap in the face to the Women and Whiskey Movement…very, very disappointed Heaven Hill…

9. As a woman, my favorite whiskey flavor is whiskey. Straight. With a side of assertive.

10. Fanny Winkle says:

Oh holy hell this is some B.S.
    I will argue that this isn’t even 1950s-mentality garbage since dames back then drank plenty of whiskey. In fact, my Bubbe was rarely seen after dark without a whiskey sour in her perfectly manicured hand and believe me, she was as “feminine” as they come. My only hope is that women will see through this sexist, pandering and completely stupid marketing ploy and stay away in droves.

11. rick macleod says:

Wow, what a tone of condescension… this is simply saying.
    “we here at Heaven Hill think that women whiskey drinkers are complete idiots, and have no taste for genuine whisky flavor profile… ” in this day and age… wow – i agree that the ENTIRE marketing department should be FIRED on the spot – they not only missed the mark – but are clearly out of touch. I’ve now put Heaven Hill on my never buy list !!. Goood job HH

12. KY Woman says:

Really??? No thanks. I’ll take my whiskey straight

13. Eric Stratton says:

Pretty much the reaction I expected when I read about this the first time. All the women I know drink their whiskey neat or a classic cocktail of some sort. Have to agree that this is classic corporate marketing at its worst.

14. Apirada says:

i hope this is some kind of a sick joke! Who thought this was a good marketing idea? Never buy from them!

15. looks delicious. But lets think – who wants to drink flavoured whiskey?? somebody made a big mistake.