Jack Daniel’s releases Frank Sinatra edition

23rd October, 2012 by Richard Woodard

Jack Daniel’s is marking the run-up to the centenary of Frank Sinatra’s birth with the launch of Jack Daniel’s Sinatra Select – a new luxury expression initially only available in travel retail.

Jack Daniel's Frank Sinatra Select

Jack Daniel’s Sinatra Select will be released as an homage to the late singer-songwriter Frank

Sinatra would typically offer a toast using a glass of Jack Daniel’s during his concerts from the 1950s to the 1990s. “I can assure you he was very fond of Jack Daniel’s for many years,” said his son, Frank Sinatra Jr, at the global launch in Cannes today (23 October).

Bottled at 45% abv, Sinatra Select is matured for longer than the core Jack Daniel’s bottling and made using whiskey matured in “Sinatra barrels” – which have carved grooves on their interior to expose the spirit to more wood.

The technique, used for the first time as the main component of a Jack Daniel’s blend, results in a faster-maturing whiskey with more noticeable spicy and smoky flavours and a richer character.

Global first for Jack Daniel’s

Sinatra Select will be released with an initial suggested retail price of US$150, launching in Las Vegas Airport in December, chosen because of Sinatra’s historical association with the city.

It will then be rolled out to multiple airport locations around the world in January, targeting about 200 airports in total.

It will also be available from the Jack Daniel’s distillery in Lynchburg, Tennessee in 2013, and will eventually be sold in domestic markets too.

The whiskey is packaged in a one-litre bottle with gift box and book, with the interior of the gift box mirroring the grooves on the inside of the barrels. Orange is used as a highlight as a salute to Sinatra’s love of what he called the “happiest” colour.

“We hope people will both collect it and consume it,” said Jim Perry, managing director of Brown-Forman Travel Retail, promising a raft of in-airport marketing initiatives, including POS material and experiential activity.

“The year 2015 will be Frank Sinatra’s 100th birthday. Over the next couple of years, we’ll be building up to that moment,” he added.

“This is the first ever global launch for a Jack Daniel’s product, and the first time we’ve launched any product or any brand in multiple markets at the same time.”

18 Responses to “Jack Daniel’s releases Frank Sinatra edition”

1. linda schrenk says:

hi
    please make sure south africa would be on the distribution list, awesome

2. Pam says:

I love, love, love Frank!!!

3. Jimmy Thompson says:

Bravo. Ol’ Blue Eyes is smiling on us all!

Jimmy

4. Paul Eastwood says:

Legendary entertainer, legendary drink, a perfect combination

5. Claire Neil says:

Omg I cant wait to see this in scotland, and add it to my vast collection of 12 special bottles so far, I just pray I can afford it x

6. Jaime Carvajal says:

This is great!! I love both Frank Sinatra and Jack Daniel’s!! Please tell me that this product will be available in Mexico as well. I would like to get one for my grandfather’s birthday since he also love Jack Daniel’s and Frank Sinatra.

7. Magicman says:

My kind of music, man and whiskey. Ole blue eyes is still doing it his way.. . .

8. Lori says:

I am so Happy. My Favorite drink, a favorite singer and I live in Las Vegas. Guess I will be hanging out at McCarran Airport waiting for the release.Any guess on the exact date??

9. Bill says:

Been a Jack fan for many years! Got to have one of these. How many of you know that Frank was buried with a bottle of Jack?

10. FAS1 says:

What a great tribute to the greatest singer/entertainer of the 20th century!! I firmly believe that a guy like Sinatra only comes around every two hundred years or so…and I’m extremely happy that I was here to enjoy him, both through his recordings and in concert. I also believe that Frank led more people to the Jack Daniel’s brand than anyone would care to admit!! BRAVO, Frank…and SALUD!!!!

11. Ian says:

Just returned from Vegas & picked up 2 bottles of Sinatra Select.
    Had a sample in the airport & it’s beautiful.

12. Gels says:

Can i just walk into the airport and buy it or do i have to be flying out of the US?

13. Gjones says:

Can I buy this drink at Singapore airport to take back to the uk?

14. Jim says:

Will this be offered in Alaska or can it be ordered through local stores?

15. Lori says:

I tried to buy it at the airport and they will not let you purchase it unless you are flying international. Too bad!!

16. We have the Jack Daniel’s Sinatra Select for sale. They come in a commemorative box with a booklet and a sealed envelope that contains a unique surprise.